"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, September 19, 2011

sweet

photo from here
Why are French fries so good? 

Ok, so I know why, but I just wish I didn't like them.  Honestly, I don't know if I've ever met a fry I didn't like.  I'm trying to think...

If I had my druthers, I would eat McDonald's fries every afternoon with a big Diet Dr. Pepper.  But since that's never going to happen, I decided to look for a more figure-friendly option.  Enter sweet potato fries.

Now of course I'd rather them be well, fried, but that's not going to happen.  So last night, I went on a search for a crispy, oven-baked, sweet potato fry recipe.  I found this one here, and had some success with it, but I am still not bowled over.

Suggestions?  What are your thoughts on sweet potato fries?

2 comments:

mary-kathryn herrington said...

always disappointing if you ask me. but did this recipe with the corn starch work? i saw it on pinterest. we have a million sweet potatoes from our CSA and i better figure out someway to use them!

Julia Ueding said...

Hey Mary Straton,

I just used this recipe this evening. Your post inspired me and I really loved those sweet potato fries!

Hope all is well,

Julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...