Monday, May 31, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to a lazy LONG weekend with no plans. Sure, I could do some yard work, but as I previously mentioned, it’s hot. I’m seriously considering getting a kiddie pool and working on my tan in my backyard. Maybe I'll make some of these little clock magnets as spotted on How About Orange. Or, I could try to make the Greek Quinoa Salad from Mag-pie’s and More, a website so kindly shared by Olivia (thank you a million times over!). I’ve got a hankering for something summery and light since, well, it’s hot.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
* One of the new Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwiches.
* To not have to count the WW points for said sandwich.
* Someone (other than me) to paint my toenails.
* This swimmy suit! Of course I do…It’s $238.
* That I had a pool to lounge in this Memorial Day!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
I spent most of last week in Orlando for work. And yes, we went to Disney, but the highlight of my trip? The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. “But it hasn’t opened yet,” you might be saying. Well, MK and I happen to be in high places (yeah, right), and the group I was with got a sneak peek! We were the very first group to see it, and I cannot even say enough wonderful things about it. All I can really say is, if you are ever in Orlando and love Harry Potter, it is an ABSOLUTE MUST.
Anywho, I did have a chance to finish Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. It was recommended to me by Harris, who usually has the same taste in books as I do. Unfortunately, this one was the exception rather than the rule. I did love all the talk about Savannah, Georgia (my dad is a native, and I still have family there) and the “Southern-ness” of it all – parties, quirky people, gorgeous old homes and blue-haired old ladies. The book is divided into 2 parts: the first is essentially a description of all the characters in the story, and the second part is where it finally got interesting for me. I’m not going to tell you what happened because well, that would be a spoiler. I’m so torn over this one, but I give it a C+. But talk to Harris and Claire if you want a second opinion.
Moving right along to Clapton: The Autobiography. I started it the other night, and it was fascinating to read about Slow Hand’s childhood in England and how American music, primarily the Blues, inspired him to become a musician in his own right. In the first chapter alone, I counted five Mississippi artists. Birthplace of America’s music indeed.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
It’s hard to believe it’s been 4 years since this picture was taken, but here we are! I love my dear husband, and I am so lucky to have him. Let’s renew our vows every year like Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
* This Lucite trunk (spotted on LGN). Look how cool it is as a coffee table with those books inside!
* To come back from Florida “as brown as a nut” as my dad used to say.
* These cute milk glass candlesticks. I love vintage.
* For someone to come to my house and style my mantle. I literally have no idea what I’m doing there.
* That the state of Mississippi would accidentally pay me twice and never realize it.
Monday, May 17, 2010
What do you think?
Friday, May 14, 2010
I’m headed out to Orlando for the first time since I went to Disney World as a wee tot. How exciting! I want Mickey ears!
I hope you have fun plans for this weekend. If not, I suggest you make these Berry Cobbler Bars and save me one.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
* A food processor. Sometimes a girl just doesn’t feel like chopping.
* That I loved salads. Oh I eat them; I just wish I was happy when I did.
* This Joy the Baker cake. Stat.
* That the acting in Criminal Minds was a little better.
* This awesome, dimple-y orange tray. Have I told you how much I love an orange accessory?
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
I am loving the contrast of this Trina Turk number.
I’m pretty sure this necklace would make me happy no matter what age I was turning.
I would love to be super cute in this top and my white pants. So summery!
I already have the shoes picked out for this one…
LOVE this headband. I mean, with enormous hair like mine, I need all the help I can get to keep it in place.
(And let the record show that I am not about to drop upwards of $300 on this “birthday dress” concept, but it would be a whole lot cooler if I could.)
Have a happy weekend!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
* That I had just a little sun from last weekend’s beach trip.
* A pair of cute wellies. How much do we love these red ones?
* That I will be able to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter when I’m in Orlando this month!
* That Jenny from Little Green Notebook would take me on as a charity case.
* For you all to have a happy Cinco de Mayo!
What’s your wish?
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
I am crazy about a seatbelt. I'm proud to say that it's a habit for me as soon as I get into a car, I immediately buckle up. You should, too.
This commercial is a tad weird but really powerful I think (thanks, Daddy, for sending it to me). Consider this my little PSA to my dear readers. I want y'all to stick around!
Oh, and just so you know: I did not see the sun once while at the beach this weekend, so I am as pasty as I was the day I left. Boo hoo.