"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Tuesday, September 6, 2011

beer + cheese dip

Hello friends!

I hope everyone had a most enjoyable and safe Labor Day holiday.  Few things brighten my spirit as greatly as a day off. 

Kell and I spent the weekend with his parents in Greenville where we ate too much and watched too much football.  (Go Dawgs!) Well, to me it was too much.  Kell can't get enough.

Speaking of football, Delta Magazine this month has several great dips that would be perfect for a tailgate.  I made this one, and it was delicious!  If you like beer, that is...

Beer and Cheese Dip

1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
1 (8-oz.) block extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 c. beer, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons dried mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

Cut cream cheese into chunks and place in food processor.  Add 1/2 c of beer.  Pulse until smooth.  Gradually add small amounts of grated cheddar, pulsing until combined.  Add remaining beer and all other ingredients and blend well.  Chill until ready to serve.  Serve with pretzels.

** I don't have a food processor (weird, I know), so I made this in my stand mixer.  Instead of being really smooth, mine came out the consistency of pimiento cheese (see picture), which was just fine.  Also, I served mine with pretzels and crostini I made from slicing a baguette with olive oil, salt and pepper and baking at 450 until crispy and golden brown.

2 comments:

mary-kathryn herrington said...

yum.

Anonymous said...

buy. a food processor. now.

it will change your life ;)

laura mc

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...