"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, May 28, 2010

it's hot

In case you haven’t noticed, summer is here. I don’t care that the first official day of summer is not for another few weeks. In Mississippi, we consider summer to be anytime after Easter or so when the temperatures reach into the 90s and beyond. It’s hot, my friends. I’m not going to lie; I’m concerned about the temps for the next few months.

I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to a lazy LONG weekend with no plans. Sure, I could do some yard work, but as I previously mentioned, it’s hot. I’m seriously considering getting a kiddie pool and working on my tan in my backyard. Maybe I'll make some of these little clock magnets as spotted on How About Orange. Or, I could try to make the Greek Quinoa Salad from Mag-pie’s and More, a website so kindly shared by Olivia (thank you a million times over!). I’ve got a hankering for something summery and light since, well, it’s hot.

Stay cool this weekend, friends!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm gonna be beating the streets in New Orleans this weekend...Talk about hot! I can't even talk about how my hair feels about summer frizz. Unfriendly!

Silver Strands said...

I completely feel for you, it's in the high 90's here in Nevada and I just about sweat to death in the low 80's so I'm spending my weekend with popsicles and watermelon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...