"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, May 7, 2010

happy happy

I’ve really been wrestling with turning the big 3-0. My birthday is not for a few weeks, and the big one is not until next year, but I already don’t want it discussed aloud…which is why this youaremyfave post struck a chord with me. One of my favorite bloggers decided a while ago to get a “birthday dress” each year around, you guessed it, her birthday (in the same vein we Southern girls know as the “Easter dress”). As I’ve gotten older, it’s become more and more important to look cute on my birthday (people are seeking you out to give you good wishes, after all), and what better way to do that than a new dress, top or accessory to make you feel special when you turn one year older? Since I’m at the office most birthdays, I would of course need something work appropriate. What do you think of these?

I am loving the contrast of this Trina Turk number.



I’m pretty sure this necklace would make me happy no matter what age I was turning.




I would love to be super cute in this top and my white pants. So summery!




I already have the shoes picked out for this one

LOVE this headband. I mean, with enormous hair like mine, I need all the help I can get to keep it in place.

(And let the record show that I am not about to drop upwards of $300 on this “birthday dress” concept, but it would be a whole lot cooler if I could.)

Have a happy weekend!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Love the Trina Turk! It would look gorgeous on you! The grey is cute too but the Trina says "Sassy" and that is what you should be on our bday!! :o)

Harris Helen said...

i love headbands.

The Hutton Family said...

Mary Straton, I love all these things! That necklace, oh my! Too bad my birthday is so far away. Happy SHopping!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...