"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, July 11, 2011

summer side

Pasta salad might be my favorite cold side dish ever, which is a shame considering how the carbs involved like to mingle around my midsection and overstay their welcome. 

I was asked to bring a side dish (not a green salad) to a friend's house for dinner this weekend, and I literally could think of no other options besides pasta salad.  One-track mind, I tell you.  And of course you know me, I couldn't just look through my recipes that I already have - oh, no - I had to go out and find a new one. 

So in celebration of my love of pasta salads, here are a few of my favorites:

B-A-T Pasta Salad (Bacon, Avocado and Tomato) - I made it this weekend and didn't even freak out over the mayo! 

Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Salad - Looks amazing.  Ree can do no wrong in my book. 

Greek Pasta Salad - mushrooms, tomatoes, feta cheese...what's not to love?

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pasta Salad - I think Kell would be all over this one.

Caprese Pasta Salad - I can think of few things better than the combination of caprese and pasta.

Do you have a favorite pasta salad recipe?  Please share.  I've never met one I didn't like...

3 comments:

mary-kathryn herrington said...

1. i have an orzo salad ( it's actually giada de laurentis)
that is fab. and no mayo.

2. can't wait to hear about crooked letter crooked letter. it's on my reading list.

3. the blog looks refreshed and good!

Anonymous said...

I want one of each salad, Mae Mae. S'agapo.

LT (and Max) said...

that looks SO good!! i have a really good tomato-asparagus-pasta recipe. you should make it sometime.
also...loving the blog look! you're cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...