"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, March 11, 2011

tgif

Whew! I finally made it to another Friday! This has been an enormously long week for me. You? I've just had the hardest time making it to 5:00 this week. I'm so glad the next 5:00 I'll see will be the one that sends me right out the door. Booyah! Audi 5000 baby!

Just a few things to report on today...

1) Please say a prayer for the great people of Japan. If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you know I've been several times (you can read about a couple of them here and here) and that I simply adore it. And for a country that places such a high value on safety and security, this will be quite a setback for them.

2) I think I'm giving up hitting the snooze button for Lent. Maybe I'll get used to it enought to incorporate it into my daily life after Easter, too. Fingers crossed... What are you giving up?

3) I got a nook color! In an attempt to be a literary purist, I swore I would never get one and that I would always be a supporter of turning a written page, but I caved. And I blame Kell for pushing me over the age. Well, I have embraced it, and if you're a reader, you should consider it too.

Now that that's out of the way, what are your plans this weekend? Kell and I are having dinner with Ben and Jess on Saturday night, and she's requested I bring Candied Almond Salad. Other than that, I plan on reading Harris's blog (she's back!), listening to some She & Him and NOT getting out of my pajamas. Hooray!

Have a great weekend, my friends. xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...