"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, March 25, 2011

dress up

Kell cannot understand why when someone asks me to bring a salad to a party or get-together I won’t just buy greens and dump some store-bought dressing on it (not that there’s anything wrong with that). I wish I could say it was because I was concerned about preservatives in bottled dressings or that I was trying to be economical, but it boils down to this: it’s not fun to me. I’ll take any excuse to try a new recipe.

I made this dressing last weekend, and I thought it was really great. I put it on some mixed greens with cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, red onion and feta. The dressing is really light and fresh-tasting on a salad, and I think it would be delicious on fish or as a marinade for chicken or shrimp. It doesn’t make a ton; I doubled the recipe and only got as much as in the picture, but once you have all the herbs, it’s really inexpensive and quick to make. This one looks good, too!

What are your weekend plans? Kell and I are attending the Faith at Home conference at our church and having lunch with friends on Saturday. Aside from that, I desperately need to wash clothes. And if I could coax the sun to stay out, I’d love to work on my tan!

Have a great weekend, friends! I'll be in the Delta for a few days next week, but I'll be back soon! You can handle it, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...