"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, July 23, 2010

all hail...

The mighty Rice Krispy Treat!

If your childhood was anything like mine, it was sweetened by many of these at every school party, birthday function and playdate. Of course, any I ate had to be made by someone other than my mom because, self-admittedly, hers were like rocks. Still to this day, she can’t get the marshmallow-to-cereal ratio nailed down. And if memory serves me correctly, my dearest Laura I’ve-always-been-good-at-stirring-things-yet-somehow-managed-to-mess-up-jello Tomlinson had some problems with the recipe, too. Well, there are few things I can do successfully in the kitchen, but I can make a Rice Krispy Treat. So there.

Rice Krispies + marshmallow + butter. What’s not to love, I ask you? And per Kell’s request, I’ve been known to just leave the deliciousness in the mixing bowl so he could eat it with a spoon. But I digress…

I’ve posted a few delicious dishes about the RKT before. I made some with white chocolate in the shape of hearts for Valentine’s Day one year, and thanks to Joy the Baker, I’ve been known to put peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge on top of some to make what I affectionately call “devil bars” because well, they’re the devil. So you can imagine my delight when I discovered these

Which led to these
And well, I just don’t think I can handle these
So in case you were in need of some delicious weekend inspiration, consider yourself inspired.
Have a sweet weekend!

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

thanks for the not-so-kind shoutout.

also...those RK treats look like sin.

you're cute.

Anonymous said...

I think my problem was I didn't use fresh marshmallows...Please give me credit for the rice and mushroom soup!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...