"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, March 12, 2012

re-do to do

What’s the deal with Daylight Savings Time? (Doesn’t that sound like the opening line of a bad Jerry Seinfeld act?) I totally get why we did it in the beginning, but is it really necessary in 2012? This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it:
PC? No. True? Yes.

While I was lying awake last night at 11:30 p.m., I put together a to-do list for my bedroom makeover and even set a deadline for myself: Memorial Day = installation day. Why then you might ask? Supposedly that’s when the mattresses at Miskelly go on sale. Who knew? Kell did. And since I have not heeded his opinion on anything décor-related yet, I decided to give him that one little nugget.

3 Euro shams
Ivory king shams
Throw pillows (one of which is my beloved Chiang Mai pillow)
Mattelasse bedspread - ivory
Paint walls
curtain panels
Sunburst mirror (I got one at Big Lots!)
headboard
Lamps for bedside tables
Painting above bed
Bedside tables
Art above bedside tables

And I will say that for me, the best way to get started was to choose a color pallette. Fortunately, Chiang Mai Dragon has so many great colors, Shumacher did that for me.

So, now there’s no excuse but to get to work, right? Oh, and there’s that little hurdle called a “budget” to get over, but shoot first, apologize later, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...