"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, March 26, 2012

the hunger games

image and other HG wallpapers from here
I saw it this weekend...

I gave it a B for the following reasons:

1. Other than Jennifer Lawrence, I didn't think the acting was all that good. But she killed it.

2. I didn't feel like Peeta was all that in love with Katniss like in the book. And he seemed a little pathetic. He was supposed to be this big, strong guy, and Josh Hutcherson is puny.

3. They left out Madge completely.

4. Gale is HOT.

5. Lenny Kravitz was perfect. And hot.

6. Woody Harrelson was much better than I thought. Still not drunk or mean enough for my taste, though.

7. Prim and Rue were GREAT.

8. Conceptually, they did a good job. Most things were just as I'd pictured.

9. They totally blew the Mockingjay pin introduction.

10. Stanley Tucci could not have been ANY better. Perfection.

11. Why did they leave out the bread from District 11?

12. Finnick better knock my socks off.

What did you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's it?!?!?! i need a review of the movie please! what did YOU think??? ;)

haven't seen it yet - but prob will this weekend

LauraMc

Anonymous said...

thank you msks! I really need to re-read the book - kinda forgot some parts. Will probably see the movie this weekend :)

Laura Mc

Julia Ueding said...

AHH. I will watch it Easter! I just finished the audiobook and am close to finishing the 2nd one already! CANT WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE!

...hope all is good!
btw ... my shopping did continue, even without your confirming comments :))

The Shermans said...

I think because I expected less, I was pretty pleased.

1. I didn't mind Peeta. I think he's a cutie, but in a little boy way. Gale is indeed smokin' hot. Those eyes are killer.

2. I should've re-read before watching. I'm now re-reading the 2nd one.

3. Loved Lenny, Woody, Prim, and Rue.

4. Most riveting scene in the movie was the reaping. So intense.

5. I agree that the omission of the bread from 11 definitely shouldn't have been cut.

6. I think I heard Taylor Kitsch is playing Finnick. Delish if true.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...