"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, December 17, 2010

delightful decor...

The only thing in my house decorated for Christmas is my tree. Sure, I've got wreaths on the windows, and Barney our Elf on the Shelf is lurking, but I've got no festive mantle, no holiday centerpiece, nothing hanging from the ceiling...

I really had high hopes for my house this year. I was traveling for work the first two weeks of December, and I suppose once I got home, I figured it was too late (or funds were too short) to really bring the Christmas thunder. Maybe if I'd found these little DIY decorating ideas from youaremyfave a little earlier, I could've made it happen:


These little trees are as easy to make as they are cute. Just some felt and straight pins...imagine the possibilities! (that sounded nerdy)

I love the wall-o-wreaths, and the post tells you how to make them all! Hooray!

If you've got a small space and don't have room for a Chrimma Bush, how 'bout a Chrimma Branch? It kind of looks like a wizard has it suspended in mid-air.

These little ornaments are sparkly, affordable and perfect for those of you that have a themed tree (which I've never understood, but to each his own...).


I love stuff hanging from the ceiling, so I of course love this chandelier!

So... What have I been doing these days since I clearly haven't been decorating? Cooking and eating, of course. I'm off work today (yippee), so I think I'll be whipping up some of this:

Santa Party Mix from over there at Cookies and Cups. Have you EVER seen a cuter snack? I think not. Little Santa hats? Come ON!

Have a festive weekend, my little elves!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...