"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, August 13, 2010

yet another recipe...

Are y’all tired of recipes? No? Good. If you are, you best be on your way and come back next week.

My friend Taylor had a bunch of people over to her house for dinner last week. She pulled out all the stops – awesome pork tenderloin, orzo risotto, tomato tarts, salad and this gem for dessert…

Easy Fruit Cobbler

1 stick butter (yikes)
1 cup Bisquick (I used light)
1 cup sugar (yikes again)
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1 quart fruit (I used fresh peaches)

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in 8x8 dish in oven while preheating. Mix together Bisquick, sugar and milk. Pour over melted butter in dish. Add fruit, making sure to distribute evenly. Bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.

I'm not typically into peaches, but this recipe really struck a chord with Kell, and we've already had it at home once since the dinner party. I had a dollop of sugar free ice cream on my little serving, and it was delicious!
Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

LOVED the new recipe - tried it last night, in fact, as we had fresh peaches in the fridge!! by the way, i just finished reading plain truth - what a shocker at the end! hope to see y'all during football season! kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...