"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, August 6, 2010

strawberries and blackberries and kiwi, oh my!

Who doesn't love fresh fruit?

Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of colorful, delicious fresh berries, and this recipe is perfectly delightful. Served with cinnamon sugar pita chips (you can buy them in the store, but I made mine; there are lots of easy recipes out there like this one), 2 Peas in Their Pod's Fruit Salsa is light, sweet, addictive and even kinda figure-friendly! I was really excited to find the recipe on Tasty Kitchen and even more excited to find the 2 Peas blog (I'm totally making that strawberry limeade). Check them both out!

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips (photo from there, too!)

8 strawberries, diced
2 kiwi, diced
1/4 c. blueberries
1/4 c. blackberries
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. agave nectar

In a medium bowl, stir the strawberries and kiwi. Fold in the blueberries and blackberries, being careful not to over-mix and make the salsa purple. Add fresh lemon juice. Drizzle agave nectar over the fruit and stir carefully. Chill and serve with cinnamon sugar pita chips.

I doubled the recipe and brought some of this to my friend Taylor's last night, and it was awesome! I'll definitely make it again. You could probably add different fruits if you like, but this combination was heavenly.

Have a fruity weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Melita said...

Hey!

I just wanted to let you know that I made this for the Sip & See this past week-end, and it was YUMMY!!! Thanks for the recipe; it's definitely a keeper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...