"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Wednesday, February 3, 2010

wish list wednesday

What am I wishing for this Wednesday?

* That there were such a thing as NetFlix for books. Wouldn’t that be economical and convenient?

* An iPad. Have you seen this thing? O. M. G.

* That I could decide whether to wear blue or black Sunday!

* The cookbook, Sweets: Soul Food Desserts and Memories. I made the strawberry cake from this book via Joy the Baker, remember?

* The “tea sub!” Don’t you love? I’m a tea drinker now, you know (spotted on A Cup of Jo – she’s adorable, btw).

What’s your wish?

8 comments:

KK said...

I think of all the germs that would come on netflix books. Yuck

LT (and Max) said...

i wish:
-someone could find out what's wrong with max
-that i could get out of debt ONCE AND FOR ALL
-that you, kell, and the twins lived in same town as me

Unknown said...

you know there is a website where you can trade books for free, right? I am not much help bc i don't know the name of it, but my friend amanda used it all the time in college. I bet she still has it. The only hang up is that you have to trade one of yours. And then when you read what you traded for, you trade again.

I love hot tea. With a dash of milk. My friend from GB showed me the ropes at camp in Maine. Now I feel very British.

Anonymous said...

BLACK. 'nuff said.

LBMc

mary-kathryn herrington said...

that we'd had 4 more hours to visit last night! i feel like we only scratched the surface.

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

ok, mary straton, i love reading your blog, but really - decide to wear blue or black?!? i would think that kell would know that BLACK and GOLD is the way to go for sunday's big game :) go saints...who dat?!?

Jess said...

I would LOVE Netflix for books! We need to start this and make millions!

The Long Family said...

I have read your blog off and on for a while (Came from Emily Stringer, my husbands cousin) Anyway, never comment but it cracks me up. The reason for the comment today, they do have a "netflix" for books. Here is one website, it's just too expensive right now in my opinion. That's the only one like that I have found. http://audiobooks.com/php/howto.php?cmd=Rent&h=1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...