"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, February 1, 2010

as promised...

White Bean Chicken Chili
Approximately 16 cups – 3 POINTS per cup (it makes a TON and freezes well)

32 oz. fat free chicken broth
2 – 15 oz. cans cannellini beans
2 – 15 oz. cans Great Northern beans
1 – 15 oz. can Navy beans
½ medium onion, chopped
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 packet McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
2 tsp. ground red pepper
4 raw chicken breasts

Cut chicken breasts into small pieces and put in Crock Pot. Add onion. Dump all remaining ingredients in crock pot and cook on Low for 8-10 hours.

*** Our grocery store was out of Navy beans, so i just did 3 cans of either the Great Northern or the cannelinis. Also, when I made this recipe, I put all the ingredients in the Crock Pot before I left for work. When I came home it was done! I put a little shredded cheese on top with some crushed tortilla chips, too. I'm totally sick of the word "yummy," so I'll say it is most palatable.

1 comment:

Laura Merrill said...

I can't wait - it's on my list for next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...