"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Tuesday, September 8, 2009

hello, tuesday

Few things are better than a long weekend. Am I right, or am I right?

If you were at the MSU/JSU game on Saturday, this will be no news to you. If you weren’t, FYI: it rained. And I don’t mean a sprinkle. It POURED, people. And my hair was not ok with it. Traffic was insane, and getting into the stadium was just as crazy. For a split second we considered skipping it altogether, but we knew we’d hate ourselves for missing the Boom. So, I took off my shoes and ran like the wind to the gate, only to be stopped by security (still pouring, mind you) to check my purse. All things considered, we won the game, and a good time was had by all. Or at least all of us shielded from the rain.

After the game, we all piled up and headed to Greenville (with a stop at the Crystal Grill in Greenwood for supper) for a birthday party for Kell’s grandfather. It was great to see everyone, and of course we ate like kings. Never mind that I cut the tip of my finger off on my razor and am now sporting some major band-aid action.

I had every intention of cleaning up the house yesterday, but I got absolutely nowhere. Something about a holiday just makes me want to lie around and embrace the lazy. So, I did, and it was great.

Later, gators!

2 comments:

The Stringers said...

at least they CHECKED your purse. at our gate they weren't even taking up tickets! people were just pushing through with no ticket scanning, no purse checking, no nothing!

the fellow next to me could have had a shotgun strapped over his back and they would have never known! good thing we won the game...and we all survived!

LT (and Max) said...

you failed to mention a very important detail about the weekend-
you got to see ME.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...