Top Ten Reasons I Love Kell:
10. He’s neat. I’ve never been one to really take the proverbial bull by the horns on all things clean (right, yaya?). Fortunately for me, I have Kell to do that. If he didn’t ask me to vacuum and straigten up, I’d never do it or I’d let it get out of control. My mother did not set a very good example.
9. He’s athletic. Kell takes his sports very seriously. Just ask the tennis strings he breaks about once a week. He’s intense when he’s playing tennis or golf or just watching the Bulldogs.
8. He’s handsome. He may not think so, but I totally do. He also looks great with a five o’clock shadow and messy hair. And don’t even get me started on the seersucker suit…
7. He pays our bills. I have no idea how much we pay for rent, utilities, cable, etc. Kell pays them every month and never gripes. He never even said a word about money when I didn’t have a real job for four months.
6. He’s smart. I’ve never met someone who knows so many statistics before in my life. You can pretty much ask him about any football, basketball, golf or tennis player out there, and he can tell you where they’re from and where they went to college. He also knows a lot about politics and Mississippi and reads a LOT.
5. He is his own person. Kell never pretends to be someone he’s not. He never feels like he has to say something just to hear himself talk. He’s the most sincere person I know.
4. He’s easy-going. This is one of the first things people notice about Kell; he gets along with everybody. Unlike myself, he is able to stay calm in stressful situations and never gets worked up (except for on the tennis court or golf course. See #9). Which is more than I can say for his wife (sentence fragment – I know.)
3. He’s a Godly husband. Because of him, we say the blessing every night before dinner. It’s not a big thing, but I think it speaks volumes about where his heart is.
2. He loves his family. I can only hope that if I am fortunate enough to have a son one day, he will be as devoted to us as Kell is to his parents. And he tries to act like he doesn’t love the twins, but he so does. Oh, and he loves me, too – at least he says he does.
1. He’s my best friend. We dated for six years before we got married, and I can’t think of a better way to have spent them.
Happy 27, Ray Kelly!
And to another love of my life: Sir Paul McCartney turns a sexy 65 today.
Happy Birthday to my favorite Lad from Liverpool!