"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, January 7, 2011

eat your words

I typically hate a New Year's resolution. Aren't they all kind of a joke now? Have you ever kept one? Ever known someone who has? The significant changes I've made in my life haven't even come to fruition at the beginning of the year. It just seems to work better for me to hit rock bottom first, whatever month that might be.

But a food resolution? Well, I think I might can handle that one. As long as it doesn't have to do with eating less. No? Ok, we're good.

I recently stumbled upon this article in the Huffington Post, my new favorite news site (don't really know why - Arianna Huffington bugs the stew out of me), listing out 11 food resolutions for 2011. Some I'll never do, like learn to can or start a garden, but I love the idea of Meatless Mondays (much to the chagrin of my carnivore husband) and hosting a dinner party, and I can totally see MK mixing up her own homemade cleaning products. Maybe I could even learn to make something from scratch? And we could all afford to waste less.

Did you make any resolutions this year? Break them yet?

1 comment:

mary-kathryn herrington said...

oh, i want to make my own cleaning products! i could give them as favors at your meatless dinner party =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...