"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 golden globes

I LOVE an awards show. OK, not so much the show (unless it’s hosted by Ricky Gervais!), but I’m glued to any red carpet coverage. I even kind of like the Golden Globes the best because it’s movie AND TV, and it looks like all the actors are having so much fun going from table to table during the commercial breaks. How much am I dying to be a seat filler?

Now to the important stuff. Dresses. Here are my faves (photos from Red Carpet Fashion Awards):

Emma Stone. Maybe it’s because I think she is just great, but I thought she looked so lovely Sunday night, even though I miss her red hair. You can’t tell from this picture, but her dress was backless. She rocked it.

Olivia Wilde. She is just so, so, so beautiful to me. Not classically beautiful like a Catherine Zeta-Jones, but strikingly so. Almost like a Siren in Homer’s The Odyssey. I bet they all looked like her. I didn’t realize at first, but her dress is actually chocolate brown. My first inclination was a little “eh” on the hair, but I think if it had been any more fixed, it would have been too much.

Carrie Underwood. I’m totally over her music. Pretty much over her in general. But she is typically perfection on the red carpet, and this is no exception.

January Jones. Who names their kid January? Anywho, I LOVED THIS DRESS. Yowzaa! Loved it from the moment I saw it. JJ is usually pretty daring on the red carpet and sometimes it’s too much for me, but she knocked this one out of the park. Get it, girl.

Anne Hathaway. My girl crush du jour (Scarlett totally let me down with her dress). Talk about red carpet perfection. I want her stylist. She always looks AMAZING, and I am speechless. And I really think we could be friends. She seems really down-to-earth. Love you, Anne!

Who’s dress was your fave? Who did I leave out that you adored?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a few worth mentioning: claire danes in her poppy pink dress. her makeup was beautiful. loved the back of the dress too.

sofia vergara in her red va va voom dress. wowzers she is one hot latina!

eva longoria in her gorgeous black long dress. very different for her but i liked the mature look.

and of course, angelina jolie. i am over her as a person, but you gotta admit she rocks the red carpet. emerald green versace? love it.

laura mc

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...