"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, January 21, 2011

cheaters, cupcake edition

Last night I dreamt I was on Cupcake Wars on TLC. I think my mental note of all the extra frosting and cake mix in my kitchen crept into my subconscious. Or maybe I was just looking for an excuse to use my new stand mixer.

Anywho, in my dream I secretly brought in boxed cake mix and canned frosting. It wasn’t malicious or sneaky or anything, but that’s just how it happened. When I presented my creation to the judges (it was the “taste” round), they totally busted me and were super mean. The mean French guy judge slapped a piece of paper and a pen in front of me and demanded I write down my recipe. I made up some cockamamie story about how I’ve been making them homemade for so long, I don’t even think I could remember everything to say. Sure.

Needless to say, I was mortified AND disqualified AND kicked out of the competition before the presentation round. And the unopened box and cans of Pillsbury products are like proverbial snakes in the grass.

I woke up this morning still embarrassed and just feeling really bad about it. So, I decided to come up with what I WOULD bring should I ever make an encore appearance.

With the Superbowl fastly approaching (like I care – I just like the food), I think these football cupcakes with cookies & cream filling would be most enjoyable.

Or for a healthy (it’s fruit, people) twist, these Banana Cupcakes with Vanilla Pastry Cream look so inviting.

I’ve always wanted an excuse to make Joy the Baker’s Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Cupcakes.

If the world were my oyster and calories were a non-issue, I’d eat a Red Velvet Cupcake every day. Every. Single. Day.

What would the cupcake of your dreams be?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...