"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, March 29, 2010

massive

I suppose I should be thankful for my big hair. I've had it all my life, and I've fought it for most of that time, too. Even my mom fought it until I was about 12, when I first began blow-drying it straight on my own. Since then, I've spend (probably) hundreds - if not thousands - of dollars on products trying to smooth it, straighten it, shine it and tame it. I've always dreamed of the elusive wash-and-go style, but sadly, it doesn't seem like it's in the cards for me. I'm not going to say that I'm ok with it just yet, but I'm working on it.

That said, I'm always on the hunt for the perfect product. Since MK convinced me to embrace the curl, I've been exposed to a myriad of new creams, gels and oils claiming to give me the perfect twisties. Problem is: I have horse mane for hair. It's long, coarse and makes an enormous ponytail. This is where you come in my friends! If you have a product you just adore that you think might work for me, don't keep it to yourself. Help a sister out!

Hope you had a good weekend! Until next time, America...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey mary-stratton. I was a Chi-O with you at State. I don't have hair nearly as thick as yours, but in the search to find the perfect product for my curls, my current favorite is Redkin "Ringlets" mixed with Paul Mitchells "super skinny relaxing balm". Its the perfect hold without feeling crunchy. My hair has to have product with a good hold or the curls are frizz city. The combo of these two seems to work perfect! The "ringlet" is great on its own as well.

mary-kathryn herrington said...

you know all my tricks!

Sarah Barry said...

My sister and i both use Suave professionals healthy curls scrunching mousse. It is in a green can and I can only find it at Wal-mart, and it's cheap! It does the job and doesn't make your hair crunchy (if you know what I mean).

Check my sister Lucy's blog post about dealing with big curly hair, she's a pro.

http://lucyfreeman.blogspot.com/2009/08/give-me-head-with-hair-long-beautiful.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...