"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, December 21, 2009

an apple a day

I'm off this week for Christmas, but thanks to the wonder of the internet, I do not have to neglect my blog. Great, right? And when I'm at home, I want to eat, and this week, I want to eat these...

Apples + brown sugar + butter + cinnamon? How could you go wrong?

Best Baked Apples Ever (recipe from The Fresh Market)

4 Honeycrisp Apples (or whatever sweet apples you can find)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice off top of apples and scoop out cores, leaving a well in the center. In a bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and walnut until blended. Stuff each apple with 1/4 of the brown sugar mixture. Place apples in a deep baking dish, topping each with 1 tablespoon of butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Fill bottom of pan with water and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until apples are tender.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...