"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, October 26, 2007

your brain can rest now...

The wait is over. Here are the answers for Wednesday’s mentalfloss.com Genius Challenge. If only I could take credit for crafting this brilliant diversion (Ms. Melita, I’m impressed - 8 out of 12 ain’t bad! I certainly never got that far!). I’ll keep an eye on the website for future challenges and post them when they pop up.

1) lbs. of laundry? Washington
2) pirate of know return? Arkansas (Arrr! said the pirate + band Kansas who recorded “Point of Know Return”)
3) Ritter’s posterior? Texas (Tex Ritter’s posterior would be his… well, you know.)
4) OILLIS? Illinois (ILL inside the letters OIS)
5) no more mining? Oregon (no more mining if all the ore is gon)
6) Harry, for 3/4 yr. Indiana (yep, Prince Harry was in Diana for nine months)
7) graphite in the blood? Pennsylvania (graphite pencil, in your blood or vein-ya)
8) dirty player’s need? New Jersey (a dirty player would need a new jersey)
9) Flash’s plea? Wyoming (Flash Gordon might plea Why, O Ming?)
10) put to bed by Barb’s beau? Kentucky (Barbie’s Ken + putting you to bed, tucky)
11) remember it? Maine (Remember… the Alamo? No, the Maine)
12) a shade about nothing? Colorado (shade = color, plus Much Ado About Nothing)

And there you have it. Thanks to everyone who played!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I was just about to go crazy! I had all of them except 2, 4, 6, & 9. And, after looking at the answers, I would probably NEVER have figured them out!

MT

Unknown said...

i hated that game, much to the dissapointment of my mother. (see above)

I gave you a shout out on my recent post.

LT (and Max) said...

i could only figure out 4, but after seeing the answers, i'm convinced that i could have figured out at least 2 more of them if i had spent more time on it.

post something else like that. unlike the sis, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...