"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Wednesday, October 31, 2007

separated at birth?

As many of you may know, I have a soft spot in my heart for muttigree dogs. So soft in fact, that their mopey little faces are the reason we have two of the little monsters living in our tiny apartment right now.

Ellen DeGeneres evidently shares this affinity for the cold nose and warm heart of a pound puppy. If you've turned on the TV in the past two weeks you've seen the story of Ellen and her debacle with the Mutts and Moms organization about the adoption (and consequent re-gifting) of Iggy, a 4-month-old Brussels Griffon mix (who, by the way, is housetrained). Ellen's tear-stained on-air apology is now a YouTube classic, and Iggygate is all over the news. I actually found her to be sincere, contrary to so many who labeled her October 17 cry-fest no more than a pathetic display of crocodile tears. Who are we to judge someone's sincerity? I may not have reacted in the same way, but that doesn't mean her reaction was anything less than genuine. But I digress...

As with most news involving celebrities, the story hit every to-the-minute website, maintained status for several days and cooled down a bit. I had actually gotten over it. I knew with all the rigamarole surrounding the situation, whomever ended up with custody of the pup would bend over backwards to provide him with a great home. But, I headed to the grocery store yesterday and came across People magazine. I immediately snatched a copy, and this is why...


Could it be that Iggy (R) is Olive's brotha from anotha motha? I showed the picture to her last night, and she exhibited no signs of surfacing separation anxiety. Perhaps she was trying to hide her sadness at the thought of her brother being exploited. And then she stole Charlie's toy in an effort to take her mind off her long-lost's plight.

On another note (but in continuance with the canine theme), Happy Halloween to you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all know who Olive was really separated from at birth msks. I'll be there to fetch her shortly.

LT (and Max) said...

while i adore your pups as if they were my own, i am disturbed (and a little jealous) by the relationship that claire has with olive.
she HAS spent more time with max you know.
:)

Amanda & CJ said...

ok that is a scary resemblance. too cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget which dog Peyton Smith loves the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...