"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Thursday, March 15, 2007

horror of horrors

Do you ever have something or someone totally blindside you with information you weren't aware of? I recently was in a picture at an event for work, and due to the magic of the digital camera, i immediately discovered my...DOUBLE CHIN. Yes, folks, that's right, a double chin. One would think that one would notice such a hideous change in one's appearance, but I was taken aback in every since of the word.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think I am the picture of nutrition. I never claim to always obey portion control rules, and I rarely turn down dessert. But, I also didn't think that my eating habits had gotten any worse in the past few months. If I may, I will blame this weight gain on marriage. My loving husband Kell will not eat Lean Cuisine for supper, so it is really his fault that I have gotten so out of control.

In light of this realization, I have decided to take control. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the first football game. I intend to reach this goal by sticking to a "half diet," as I have named it. In this new regimen, I will try to eat half of many of the foods I typically would devour entirely such as: ice cream, hamburgers, steaks, etc. Foods exempt from this new rule are vegetables and other items low in Weight Watchers points. Fortunately, my building at work has weekly Weight Watchers meetings, and I plan to become a regular. Think it will make a difference at all?

By the way, I do realize that exercise is ideal, but I am not motivated at this point. One step at a time, people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i hace gained 10 lbs since saying "i do".

blame it on the men, i say.

LT (and Max) said...

please msk. double chin..whatever.

BUT, i know what it's like to feel like you've gained a few pounds and when i decide to try to lose a few, i want support! so, i say "go msk, you can do it!!!"

p.s. mom buys weight watchers fudge bars and they're really good.( of course i could eat 4 of them!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...