"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, March 5, 2007

for dear old STATE, we'll yell like H-E-L-L

I'm glad the fight song spells out "hell" because in my house growing up, it was a bad word. Anyway, if anyone in my extensive reading audience did NOT watch Sunday's basketball game, you certainly missed quite a show. In the words of the always articulate Kell, we "beat the snot out" of Alabama. As Yaya pointed out in her post, not only did we beat a neighboring state (bragging rights are underrated), but we prevented our eternal in-state foes, the Rebels, from reaching the #1 spot in the SEC West. To quote Clifford, "so close, yet so far away." And if you ask me, that makes it even better. And to those of you who think it's ok to support Ole Miss's Coach Kennedy just because he's new, you need to step back and take a look at your devotion to the Bullies. It's not personal, Coach; it's business.

By the way, does anyone think Joe Iupe looks JUST LIKE Pete Maravich? Am I losing it?

Upon review of this post, I understand I'm over-using quotation marks like yaya.

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

quotation marks are underrated.
i think they make blogging more fun.
go dawgs.
yaya

p.s. people may not know who "yaya" is....explain it to them.

Unknown said...

It obvious to me Laura is, in fact, ya-ya.

I am glad you are a blogger, MSKS.

It gives a whole new meaning to the word "goober"

HJTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...