"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, February 13, 2012

homemade is better

Wow! I sure have neglected you. Between traveling for work and helping with showers and supper club, needless to say my little blog has suffered. But fear not - I'm back and with a Delicious Dish! Does that make up for lost time?

After this weekend (see above paragraph), I am a 100% believer in homemade frosting. You know how the canned stuff kind of makes your teeth hurt because it's so sweet? Well, homemade is the way to go. No diggity.

I made this frosting yesterday and used this cake pan for a fun birthday for a friend, and it is incredible. I'd recommend starting with less evap milk if you want something a little stiffer, like for piping. If you need to thicken it, use more sugar or cocoa powder.

Creamy Chocolate Frosting (image from there, too!)

Ingredients


2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1.In a medium bowl, sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa, and set aside.

2.In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk or sugar.

There you have it. Go forth and lick spatulas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...