"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, February 20, 2012

diet sprite cupcakes

(sorry about the Christmas liner)
I've recently decided that my eating is out of control. Seriously. I don't know who I think I am. Certainly not Giselle or SJP.

So in an effort to get going on WW again (go J-Hud!) and make the most of my day off, this afternoon I tried a recipe for Diet Soda Cake.

Success is a 2 point cupcake!

All I did was mix a box of strawberry cake mix with a can of Sprite Zero (per skinnytaste) and baked them per package instructions. The taste was exactly like a regular cupcake, I tell you! And what's a little cake without frosting? I mixed a couple of tablespoons of Fat Free Cool Whip with a drop or two of almond extract (makes it taste more indulgent and less Cool Whippy) and a few slices of strawberry and voila! A pretty little cupcake without the eater's remorse.

What are your favorite lightened-up recipes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...