"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, April 9, 2010

geek chic

I've been kind of toying around with the idea of wearing socks with heels like I've seen around in magazines and in the J.Crew catalog. What do you think: silly or chic?

I love how it makes this simple outfit kind of funky...



love this green with the black!



I love how the green socks echo the feathers in the belt!




These give a neutral ensemble a punch of springy color!

What do you think?

13 comments:

Laura Merrill said...

Girl. You know how you feel about meatloaf? That's about how I feel about socks with heels. Love you, but not that trend.

mary-kathryn herrington said...

hha, i want those shoes in the top picture. i do know that! from jcrew!

Katy Agnew said...

I have to agree with Laura... I saw a girl the other day with a black top, black ankle pants, black booties, H O T pink lips, H O T pink belt and H O T pink socks. Not attractive. HOWEVER... I think if ANYBODY could pull it off it would be you. Give it a try... I'll tell you if you look funny. :)

Anisa said...

Not a fan of the sock look. Watch me wear it come this fall, though. I said the same thing about Birkenstocks back in the day.

LT (and Max) said...

i could never pull off the look, but there's no doubt in my mind that YOU could! CHIC! go for it!

Anonymous said...

NOPE.

Anonymous said...

NOPE

Unknown said...

you could do it. so could diva harris. i would look like a fool. I say in Mississippi. enter trends like this at your own risk.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, May May....it's not working for me.

Anonymous said...

no

Harris Helen said...

I say do it. I think you could pull it off.

Anna Little said...

I think socks with heels is hideous, but if there is anyone that looks cute no matter what she dons, it is YOU.

Laurie said...

I have been wanting to do this for a while--love it in the magazines too but, I haven't gotten brave enough to try and survive all the stares I'm afraid I would get in MS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...