"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, January 25, 2010

hi there.

Hello out there. It’s Monday. Again. And therefore, time for an update on what’s going on with me. You’re dying to know, am I right?

I did something this weekend that I REALLY hate to do. REALLY hate it. And I rarely do it. I resigned from a book early. I can’t say it’s the first time I’ve ever done it, and it won’t likely be the last time, but still. I gave this one 200 pages (it’s nearly 1000 pages long), telling myself that it would get interesting soon (as it came very highly recommended), but alas. It NEVER did. Now, that’s not to say that if you should pick it up and read it, you won’t find it as riveting as the comments on Amazon.com say it is. I just didn’t. But, don’t fret: I’m going to town on a new book, The Book Thief, and it is really great. Thank goodness. And thanks, Claire, for the glowing recommendation. Review to come.

I absolutely love it when one of my funny friends starts a blog. I kind of feel like it’s a small victory for me. Needless to say, I’ve been trying to get Laura Merrill to start a blog for probably years now, and I finally won her over! Hooray! Be sure to check her out; I know you'll find her as delightfully hysterical as I do. Another one bites the dust.

Have a happy Monday, readers! Or at least try to.

2 comments:

mary-kathryn herrington said...

i hate to do that too. i put down that literary potatoe pie society book, i couldn't keep up with this all those letters!

mary-kathryn herrington said...

i do know how to spell potato... hey, it's a monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...