"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Wednesday, July 8, 2009

hey, it's 7-8-9!

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day. We did and were actually pretty productive in the process. Well, if you consider hanging curtains productive. Yes, my curtains that have been ready for nearly a month now finally went up! And thanks to Amy at Latitudes, they’re pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.

And as I tend to do on holidays, I tried out a new recipe. This one is thanks to my sweet mother-in-law and intimidatingly good cook!

Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup bottled Key lime juice
1/2 cup whipping cream (I used fat free half & half)
Dash of salt
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
6 graham crackers (1 1/2 cookie sheets), coarsely crushed, divided (I put in 2 full sheets)
Key lime wedges (optional)


Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Pour mixture into freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Stir 1/3 cup graham crackers into ice cream. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, and cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon graham crackers. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. **I also garnished with a little lime zest!


Deelish!

3 comments:

mary-kathryn herrington said...

sounds so good!!

LT (and Max) said...

i will pass that one on to kris! key lime pie is her fave dessert!

Anisa said...

I fell off the WW Wagon on vacay and it is SO hard to get back on...so I guess I'll have to wait before making this delicious dish...

Looks SO yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...