"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Friday, May 29, 2009

tgif

Fridays make me happy. Ok, ecstatic. Whenever I fill out one of those surveys that ask my favorite day of the week, I always respond “Fridays at 5:00 p.m.” – you never have more weekend than you do at the end of a Friday. It’s a good thing.

Other things making me happy right now:

I love, LOVE all things psychology. It was even my major in college for 2 years, but I changed for some unknown reason. Anywho, while I wait for The Office and The Closer to hit the small screen again, I’ve been neck-deep in In Treatment. The brilliant and emotional (and wow is it) drama follows psychoanalyst Paul Weston, capturing sessions with each of his patients, as well as his own sessions with friend and fellow therapist Gina. Gabriel Byrne, the actor who plays Paul, is a dreamy Irish bloke you might remember from The Usual Suspects or Little Women, and I totally buy him as a therapist. The “patients” are amazing actors as well, one of whom is Martin Crane from Frasier. My advice: don’t even start watching unless you’re prepared to be sucked in.

I never feel like I’ve finished eating until I have dessert. It’s a problem that has gotten me into calorie trouble more times than I care to admit, and I’ve found a new vice – the Jr. Candy Sundae at Sonic. It’s the perfect amount of ice cream, whipped cream, and a cherry, and you get to add your topping of choice – M&M, Reese’s, Oreo or Butterfinger. Delightful. And only $1 on their Extra Value Menu!

And last but most certainly not least, Harris has re-entered the blogosphere! Check out her blog for commentaries on fashion, beauty, nail polish, Victoria “Posh” Beckham and Nicole Richie. Welcome back, Diva!

2 comments:

KK said...

So, how many WW points is this delicious treat from Sonic?

mary straton said...

4 - a little more than I like to spend, but a nice treat nonetheless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...