"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Wednesday, October 15, 2008

in the words of Martha...

..."It’s a good thing."

I’ve loved Martha for years. One of my most favorite Christmas gifts as a teen was my Martha Stewart cake decorating set. Of course I made myself melt down because I couldn’t get mine to look like the pristine one in the picture, but nonetheless, it inspired in me a love for cake décor, mainly the cupcake.

Who doesn’t love a cupcake? Every once in a while Kell will inform me that we are past due for cupcakes at our house, and I’ll make a batch. I rarely eat them (unless you count an occasional finger swipe of icing), but I love how they look, how great they smell and all the fun things you can do with them. Harris sent me a link this morning of a year of different cupcakes – and from Martha, too! I think I have to make these. They’re a good thing.

More time and space than necessary on this blog has been devoted to makeup. I’ve confessed that in the past I was strictly a Wal-Mart makeup wearer, but I have since seen the err of my ways and left the dark side. That said, I am always on the lookout for a great new product, and I’ve found 2! First, if you have oily skin, you know how sad it is when at 5:00 p.m. your friends look fresh as a daisy and your face is gleaming. Not that healthy gleam that all the starlets have, but the one where you can see every pore on your face. Greasy girls, fear no more! I’ve discovered Welcome Matte, a makeup primer that cuts oil significantly. And with the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil On-the-Go, you can be totally unstoppable. Both good things.

I love a bargain. LOVE one. And if it’s a super-cute bargain, I’m completely sold. Enter Libby Story and Company. I’ve been patronizing this store since the flagship location opened in Greenville, and it was a match made in heaven from the start. Then, the Starkville location came along (score!). She does a bang-up job of getting great, unique clothes and accessories that are really affordable. Not to mention that she is so creative that you just want to swim around in her brain for a while. So, it goes without saying that I practically stalked the Ridgeland storefront until I saw the doors open. I finally got to go in there yesterday for just a few minutes, and it was everything I dreamed and more (just wait until you see my yellow feather earrings). If you’re ever in Greenville, Starkville or Ridgeland, you’d be doing yourself a disservice not going. Yet again, a very good thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...