"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Tuesday, January 22, 2008

another one bites the dust

A moment of silence for all the Fred Thompson for President supporters out there...Ok, he's out; time to move on. I've mentioned this in a previous post, but I wanted to want Fred as my President. I really did. Not sure why, but I am sure it stems from my years of devotion to Law and Order, where Thompson portrayed New York District Attorney Arthur Branch. I think in my mind and probably in the minds of others, Fred Thompson WAS Arthur Branch, the quick-witted Southern lawyer-turned-D.A. on the greatest legal drama of all time. Perhaps that's what the citizens of California were thinking when they elected actor Arnold Schwartzenegger as their Governator.

I'm sure Fred's announcement wasn't even a blip on the radar screen to the other candidates on either side of the aisle - Romney's busy combing his hair, Guiliani is busy smiling, Hillary is busy trying to convince us that she's cooler than Barack Obama and Barack is probably hanging out with Oprah or busting a move with Ellen. I do not, however, think Fred arrived upon this decision lightly - though his numbers were low (single digits in some places) and he'd lost support, don't count him out just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up on a bumper sticker as someone's VP running mate. Stay tuned...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...