"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Monday, April 2, 2012

recipe round-up...

via
…and how I adapted (one of) them.



I typically don’t love a baked bean, but this version was pretty delicious. I liked the back of the stirring spoon (and put it promptly in the sink, of course).


These green beans were a pretty, dressed up way to serve the side staple. Be sure to use fresh, not canned, beans, and salt them VERY well when you blanch them.

I gave up dessert for Lent, but this No Bake Strawberry “Cake” was simple and delicious, according to the Mr. The homemade whipped cream is the only way to do this. I left off the ganache.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a great way to use up spotty bananas that no one will eat but me.

I’m a mac and cheese connoisseur, and this Five-Minute Microwave Mac was GOOD. If you shred your own cheese like I did, be sure you toss it with a teaspoon of flour to keep the cheese from getting lumpy. I added a teaspoon each of onion powder, ground mustard and white pepper. After the time in the microwave, I transferred to a fancier dish and topped it with some extra cheese and some panko bread crumbs and baked it at 400 degrees or so until the top browned.

You can find more recipes like these on my Delicious Dish Pinterest board!

Happy Monday. If there is such a thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...