"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Saturday, November 10, 2007

dawg day afternoon

Go freaking Bulldogs! Well, it's finally happened. State is bowl-eligible. And it couldn't have happened to a better team. Ok, it could, but I'll play the cards I'm dealt. I can only hope that there aren't men and women all over Bulldog Country dropping dead of excitement. I'm sitting in my hotel room in Ottawa, Ontario, devastated to have missed the most important game at Davis Wade Stadium/Scott Field since 2000. But, it doesn't matter. Nick Saban and his Crimson Tide failed to roll over State today in Starkville. I hope he crossed the MS/AL state line still scratching his head about how Coach Croom defeated his own alma mater yet again.


Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, Go to h*** ALABAMA! (can I say that? my apologies...I'm just excited)

4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

it was so fun! i wondered if you were there and then your mom informed me that you were, once again, traveling! :)
hate that you missed it.
can we hang out during thanksgiving/christmas please?

i love coach croom.

Katie McCrary said...

please send me your email, made our blog private but want to send ya'll invite, katie.mccrary@mccrarywest.com

The Texas VicHorns said...

You're in Canada?? What the...

I'm so jealous of you.

Anonymous said...

Mary Straton, we don't talk like that in our house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...