"I've discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it."
- William Faulkner




Saturday, September 8, 2007

turning japanese

Well, guys, I'm off on another Mississippi Tourism adventure - Destination: Tokyo. I'll be attending a Japanese travel conference all next week and staying in downtown Tokyo. I have to admit, the language barrier is a little intimidating, but as Kristen says, if I can do Japan by myself, I can do anywhere. I'll be back on the 17th, and I'm sure I'll have some great pictures to post. I'm going to pretend that I am Scarlett Johannson.


Maybe I'll be a Harajuku Girl for Halloween this year.

9 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

can't believe you're going to tokyo.
heather may try to sneak into your suitcase.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Have a great time in Japan... I still need to understand what you do for a living. Darren is leaving Friday the 14th for China and will be there for a week and a half. So weird y'all are going to be over there in that part of the world at the same time. Y'all will have to try to get together... it's gotta be somewhat close. They sound close together.

The Hutton Family said...

Tokyo!! How exciting!! Cannot wait to see pictures and hear about it. I hope you have a wonderful time. I love your job!

Emily

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do have a pretty cool job. I can't wait to hear about your trip. You better contact me while you are there. I am thinking about you and hope that you are resting on the plane as I type. Chat with you soon. KK

Unknown said...

SHUT UP. I can't handle it anymore. You are going to TOKYO and Jordan is going to Bejing. When, pray tell, do I get to venture off to the orient?

Anonymous said...

you are bringing MS to japan? i didn't know there was such interest there. hope you have a great time though...that's an awesome trip to be able to take esp. if work is paying for it!!

The Texas VicHorns said...

MSKS,

Say hello to Hello Kitty. I am SO jealous of you.

The Robertsons said...

How fun!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

How fun!!! Hope your trip is great! I can't wait to see the pictures!I'm heading over that way in October to Beijing. Heather wants me to bring her back a kid. haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...